Click here to make a donation to Befrienders Highland via PayPal NOW!



Referring for a Service

Who can apply to have a befriender?

Mental Health Services anyone who is 18yrs+ and is receiving professional help for their mental health, is lonely or isolated and lives in the Highland or Argyll and Bute regions can be referred or refer themselves.

Memory and Carer Services anyone who either has memory difficulties OR is an unpaid carer for a loved one living in Highland or Argyll and Bute regions can be referred.

Who can make a referral?

  • You can refer yourself
  • Mental health workers, memory clinics,social work services, GP's, hospital professionals, voluntary organisations or family and friends can all make referrals

How is a referral made?

  • Refer yourself by calling us on the appropriate number (see our 'contact us' page) or;
  • Fill in the form on the 'contact us' page and we will be in touch